Sunday, October 12, 2008

One Down!...more to go @$#

After three to four months of planning, collecting data, making interviews, weekly meetings, writing and editing articles, meeting deadlines, lay outing and designing, making follow ups, rushing last minute things, printing, inviting and launching…at last we’re done! Done with the first issue of ANI (Alay ni Isidro): the Official Newsletter of San Isidro Labrador Parish.

Yesterday, we did launch the maiden issue of ANI and we’re all glad to listen to people’s comment. Nice comments that highly praised the Editorial Board and Staff of the newsletter. Everyone is curious at first because we did it before the mass ended. We invited guests of course, to witness and accept the paper on the symbolic giving. The large cover page and the carrying logo were also revealed and introduced to the public. Although we’ve got a not – so – good reaction from one man regarding the logo, which without reading the content of the newsletter and without studying the inside logo meaning first, have patterned and compared it to the logo of the communist group of “Samahan ng Magsasakang Pilipino”, yet because we know the truth, we defended and keep our stand that it is originally made based on ANI’s meaning, vision and mission itself. And, upon searching the net there are zero found of the logo or group that he’s been saying. But that’s a nice try because we’ve learned to be prepared for any hullabaloo coming in our way.

Up to the last minute I'm arranging inevitable things that keep me busy roaming here and there. I wasn't able to notice that the gospel has something to do with the event and the people of ANI themselves. Well I’m thankful that I have attended to serve as reader for the liturgy of the word on the last mass of the day. So happy and pleased to cite, “Many are invited but few are chosen” – Mt 22:1-14. This persuades and motivates me to work even further. God really has His own way of encouraging and supporting His son through His words. Newsletter has just got started and all are hoping that it will last too long, long enough to establish a name which provides a good source to the people and widely enough to reach more catholic readers in the area.

More to go. Yes there’s a lot more works to do. But I will not be tired and stop my self on serving God because I know that He is not to us. I believe that continues service to HIM is sharing to people my knowledge and ability. In return, this is my way and effort of thanking HIM for giving me time, wisdom and blessings everyday.

No comments: